Saturday, April 28, 2012

Honeymooners in Florence Italy

I hopelessly miss this place every single day of my life. I feel so lucky to have been able to call this place home, if even for a brief period. I was young, the city was old, vibrant, welcoming, intoxicatingly beautiful, charming, wonderful in all ways. It has in many ways molded me into who I am today, in love with all things art, food, wine, and life. Florence has left an enormous imprint on my heart.

It was great fun sharing this place that is so dear to my heart with someone who is so dear to my heart. L loved it as I knew he would. We absorbed some amazing art, museumed our hearts out, napped in the Boboli Gardens, ate the best pizza known to mankind, explored dark alleys at night, laughed when we overpaid for mediocre gelato, walked and walked and walked, and celebrated our first days as husband and wife in fine fashion. It was perfect....

No comments:

Post a Comment